Wednesday 18 October 2017

How To Achieve 'Insta' Brows 101

When it comes to trends, eyebrows play a big part. The squiggly brow has almost taken over the gram but, the 'Instagram' brows have become the most used trend! In other words...full, bold brows that are well structured and highlighted. So here's my tips on getting those insta brows you've always wanted...

1. PRODUCTS are the key!
The products you use play a key role. I prefer to use a pomade, concealer, dual eyebrow brush and a gel. But an eyebrow pencil or stick always works.


Obviously the no.1 pomade to use is the ABH pomade, which I actually purchased on holiday. But, if you want to save, I recommend the NYX Tame & Frame which I believe is a dupe. Its a regular pomade that is creamy and very pigmented. And honestly does the same job, for a better price. Using this with a small precise brush gives such a natural feel to your brows. The nyx brow contour is also pretty handy and works like a pencil except which I love. 

2. Pomade Drying Out
Although gel eyeliners and pomades in this instance are the BOMB, they can dry out and pretty quickly, especially if you haven't screwed the lid on tight. Here's a quick tip on how to deal with it or prevent it:
  • keeping the pot upside down when using it to prevent the air from drying it
  • use a liquid that enhances the pigment such as the Duraline by Inglot
  • or as I do, use oil to make it more creamy (I put a drop of vitamin e oil and it works fine)
3. TOOLss
When using a pomade, a brush is necessary. These are the ones I use often, I like to switch up the brushes I use now and then. If youre on a budget or just generally want to save I've got a dupe for you! ££££


I've been using SixPlus Brushes, they have amazing quality brushes for very affordable prices, a set of 11 being around £25+ that's almost £3 per brush! H&M used to do this dual brush, with an eyebrow side and a concealer blender. Not too sure if they continue selling this but it does its job! And if you wanna save even more the Primark dual eyebrow brush is a great alternative, which I didn't expect at all since its £1.50?! 

8. Set those brows in place!
Setting your brows honestly saves so much time and mess. A tinted or clear gel works wonders to get those sparse areas and to stop stray hairs from forming their own lives. Your brows will not budge after this step so make sure your done with filling them before this!

Eye of Horus - Dynasty Dual Brow Pencil and Gel

9. You don't have to have threaded, clean and shaped brows for this.

If anyone has told you shaping your brows by threading, tweezing etc is the only way to brow heaven, they are WRONG. Yes, it will be easier to fill your brows, but a simple concealing can do the trick when your brows are due for an appointment! My favourite concealers are the Maybelline Eraser Eye and the Collection Lasting Perfection. Outlining your brows with concealer can also make your brows look perfectly shaped and clean.

Shop the products mentioned here - 

Have any brow tips? What products do you like to use for your brows? Share them with me in the comments!
@velvetblogs

24 comments:

  1. My eyebrows are awful haha! These tips are super useful and I'm glad I can refer back to this when I need some help! xx

    http://www.grabyourcamera.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing these tips! I'm absolutely awful with my eyebrows and I never really know how to get them to look good :") These articles really help haha!

    xxx Nele | www.thenavigatio.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this kinda post. I've definitely had troubles with my brow pomade drying out, it's an absolute nightmare. I will be trying out your vitamin e oil suggestion to help with it :) lovely post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works like a dream! Or a little bit of coconut oil helps, but this is more of a one time thing since coconut oil goes solid x

      Delete
  4. I have never had my eyebrows done. They always stay as they are. Maybe I should try one day! xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've just stuck to filling and shaping them with concealer, mainly because I cant handle the pain of getting them threaded haha.

      Delete
  5. My brows are so difficult, they are not symmetrical at all. They say brows are sisters not twins but mine are maybe distant cousins at the best 😑 that's why I'm always looking for good brow products!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog post is so handy! I use a pommade and I use the one from Benefit personally it's the best one for me I have always wanted to try the ABH one. Great post and loved your tips xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to try benefit brow products since everyone is always raving about them! I'll definitely need to have a look at them x

      Delete
  7. Thank you thank you thank you! My eyebrows really aren't the best so these are great tips, and thank you for including products too - I'll be sure to try these out. Hopefully I'll have Instagram brows in no time!

    Holly x
    adailydoseofholly.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the NYX Tame & Frame but made the mistake of getting a shade that was far too light when I was in the US! Definitely need to go and pick up another one of them! Great tips!! x

    Lizzie | lizziegines.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what happened to me with the ABH pomade, i purchased a shade that was a warm toned brown but I'm making it work haha!

      Delete
  9. I don't think I really have enough eyebrow to mess around with haha. Great tips though :)
    https://alysjournals.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m a noob when it comes to eyebrow!
    Even with the stuff listed, I’ve no idea how to do them!
    Any tips?

    Kelly
    http://www.thiswayandthatway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I advise you to have a look at some brow tutorials on youtube! They're really helpful x

      Delete
  11. I found this really interesting, I do my brows really differently as I prefer the fluffy brow look rather than a structured one but I've heard really good things about nyx brow products x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've almost finishes the thebalm Brow Pow Powder and it's amazing, but I don't like the paper packaging, looks so cheap. I need to try some eyebrows products from ABH xx

    Caterina | caterinasosso.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I'll have to give that a go! Yes, i agree especially as thebalm isn't the cheapest either.

      Delete
  13. My brows are my nemeses!! Thanks so much for this post, and the great tips and recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My brows are gonna Ben on fleek! 😂🙌🏻👌🏻

    ReplyDelete
  15. I mostly use a powder to fill in my eyebrows, as I find it the easiest and most natural method! However, when I want to go full out I will use a pomade and clean up with concealer!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need Insta brows, but I just don't think I'll ever achieve them haha! Your post is so helpful though and I am taking away a lot of tips xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super needed this! My eyebrows are all over the place

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish I was good at doing my eyebrows but they always feel like such a chore. Great post though, I am loving your blog. Love, Pretty Perfect xoxo

    https://prettyperfectxoxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete